Squarespace, debit card, credit card, fees

MachineElf
Contributor
Contributor
Question about linking PayPal to Squarespace store: I understand PayPal takes 3% per transaction, but I'm confused as to when and where that fee comes out. I already have a bank account linked but it's now asking for a debit or credit card for the fees. Is the 3% deducted from the product price or does is it detected from the debit or credit card? Is the card registration required as a backup? Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MachineElf

PayPal fees are taken out when payment is received into your PayPal account. There is a breakdown of the amount and fees in the details of each transaction in your PayPal account activity.

If Squarespace charges you a fee to use their merchant store services, that is not related to the fees PayPal charges and you will need to link a credit/debit card to your Squarespace account or even link your PayPal account (if you're paying their fees with PayPal) so SS can charge you for their services charges on it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MachineElf

PayPal fees are taken out when payment is received into your PayPal account. There is a breakdown of the amount and fees in the details of each transaction in your PayPal account activity.

If Squarespace charges you a fee to use their merchant store services, that is not related to the fees PayPal charges and you will need to link a credit/debit card to your Squarespace account or even link your PayPal account (if you're paying their fees with PayPal) so SS can charge you for their services charges on it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.