Spoof@paypal email received in French?

2J3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have been received dodgy PayPal emails that I have been reporting to spoof@paypal and I have received a reply for one in French and I live in Belfast and I don't speak French, is this normal or is should it be reported? It does look like it is the way PayPal state an official email should look but I'm not sure. Any help or advice would be great thank you!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I Cannot believe no one has responded i have sent them to spoof@PayPal.com but reply in french only recently so WTF.?

sent directly PayPal waiting for response.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @2J3 and @Anonymous_User,

I'm sorry to hear that you received an email in French from the spoof email review team. There are a few possibilities. It could be that the person fielding the question made a mistake and sent a French reply. It's possible that the reply was an automated one based on key elements of the email received and it was read as French. Mistakes do happen, and if it was either of those, I sincerely apologize. If you've received no other emails in French, those are the likely reasons.

If you're continuing to receive communications in French, please log in to your PayPal account on a computer and see if your account is set to French. If it is, I would suggest changing your password and security questions from a safe computer and checking your transaction history to make sure there is no unauthorized activity. If a fraudster did access your account, they may have triggered a change in the language on the account.

The last possibility is if you're using any sort of proxy for connecting to your PayPal account. If you are, you should discontinue that because it's not permitted. If you've been using one, it's also possible that the language setting change was triggered through use of the proxy.

If you've checked all that and the issue persists, please contact PayPal customer service for further troubleshooting. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ralphael
Contributor
Contributor

It just started for the last couple of spoof PayPal email responses have been in french which is annoying in the sense that I cannot read it. I had to copy the body of the message to google translate to ensure that it was just a standard issued reply.

For a fix, I would suggest that the replying email should be in both english and french as a standard reply. 

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Steveng
Contributor
Contributor
This is something new and has not happened previously. Why all of a sudden is this happening? Has staffing changed do to the Corona virus?
Login to Me Too

LBWilts
New Community Member
My reply was in German. I live in England and do not speak German!
Login to Me Too

Chipster101
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I just got a reply in German. Dropped it into Translate and it is the standard email reply you get when you send spam/spoofing/phishing/garbage/scam/ and other junk from crooks and scum from who knows where.

Why in German? Something is rotten in Denmark, Mister Omelet. PS: I am not a robot but my dog is.

Login to Me Too

Rachyew84
I have this problem but keep getting a reply in Swedish. I have replied numerous times and I get the same email sent. I even sent it to spoof@paypal.de and still got the same response. I'm getting numerous fake emails so wanted to share so it can be dealt with
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.