Spoof@paypal.com bounce back

Gunns9999
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been forwarding phishing emails to spoof@paypal.com for years but yesterday they started bouncing back with this message: Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: spoof@paypal.com (spoof@paypal.com) Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it. I’ve tried using the review@ address, same happens, and have tried sending it to myself and putting it in as a cc, still bounces. The same happens with the spoof@apple.com so obviously one of the spammers has got smart! Is there any way around this?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Gunns9999,

I'm sorry to hear that emails that you're forwarding have been bouncing. Since so many service providers are bouncing your emails, it's possible that your own email address is flagged in some way as being problematic. Are you using any sort of email address redirect or a separate reply-to address, or anything similar to that? 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Gunns9999
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Olivia - no I don’t have anything like that setup...I wouldn’t know how. I assumed the originators had got smart and built something into their emails to prevent them being forwarded...is that possible?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Gunns9999,

That's an interesting idea. I'm afraid that's not something I would be able to answer.

I'm sorry that you've been unable to forward the emails. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

BJ71
New Community Member

This same problem just happened to me as well. Something you should look into.

Login to Me Too

Gizmo-Kat
Contributor
Contributor

It is the same for me just now. I got a phishing email directing me to <removed>

The forwarded email was rejected with the message "Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it."

Login to Me Too

Tänkadin

The emails are being rejected by paypal's spam filter. Seems kind of dumb having the address to send spam emails to being filtered for spam emails. Kinda defeats the purpose don't you think? @PayPal_Olivia 

spoof@paypal.com
Remote Server returned '550 5.7.520 Message blocked because it contains content identified as spam. AS(4810)'

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.