Spoof e-mail address rejecting e-mail because it "contains content identified as spam"

Cinderwolf
New Community Member

Hey everyone- I'm just trying to forward a very obviously fake e-mail to Paypal's "spoof@paypal.com" e-mail address and every attempt has been rejected. I receive an automated follow-up e-mail from Microsoft (as I'm sending via my Hotmail account) and this is the first line in the rejection e-mail:

spoof@paypal.com
Remote Server returned '550 5.7.520 Message blocked because it contains content identified as spam. AS(4810)'

Paypal is literally rejecting a fake e-mail because... it has fake content? Are you guys serious right now?

I've tried formatting things differently and even adding my own "this is what I received, thought you should know" above the _____ line at the top of the email (separating the original from my forwarded reply) but no-goes.

Someone from Paypal want to take a look at this? I know this is communities but I'm sure you have staff that poke around here.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.