Someone used my email to create an account and Paypal refuses to do anything about it.

celestorama
New Community Member

This is the most insane thing.  Someone used my gmail email address (which I have had for 10+ years)to set up an account. I don't know how long ago.  I found out when I tried to add the gmail address to my main account which I set up using a different email.  I receive Paypal notifications in Spanish to the gmail account when that person receives payments.

I emailed Paypal, received 2 responses (one of which took 4 weeks to receive), which finally told me I needed to call to resolve this. I called and sat on hold.... only to be told that emails are "first come first serve" and there is nothing Paypal can do about someone using my email fraudulently unless it's been dormant for 2 years. WHAT????  THEY ARE FRADULENTLY CONDUCTING FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS USING A STOLEN IDENTITY. It's easy to prove I am the owner of the email account because I am the only one receiving emails there!!!   They will not give me my email back and are letting someone continue to use my email identity fraudulently.  I am hopping mad and I'm not sure this is not criminal negligence. I'll be looking into that, Paypal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.