Someone spoofing my account?

CTAcupuncture
Contributor
Contributor

I was contacted by a friend saying that he sent me some cash, but I did not see the transaction anywhere.  He sent me his receipt and it had my personal name (not my business) and an email account that was only one letter off from mine.  Please advise. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CTAcupuncture 

What does it say next to the transaction in your FRIENDS Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date)....then would need to wait for it to complete and do as per option 4.
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option....cancel it.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option......again till time out at 30 days.
4. Payment or Sent.....IF sent via friends/family then would have to reach out to the person that has the funds and ask them to refund, can't force them to do so  however so IF they funded their payment via a credit card then see if they will help BUT they may refuse as well as it was not a payment for goods or services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CTAcupuncture 

What does it say on the SENDERS paypal account? If...

Completed then if they sent using goods/services open a dispute for non receipt to get funds back BUT if sent using friends/family all they can do is reach out to the other person and see if they will refund....sadly can't force them to do so.

If pending then cancel if there is the option but if not and it does not complete then it should time out 30 days post sending.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.