Someone is trying to send me money but required me to buy a $50 iTunes Card for the Reference Code

Gencrisher1294
New Community Member
Good Day! I would like to ask help from you if it is true that if you send money to others (from US to Philippines) it is required to buy a $50 iTunes card for the Reference Code? Thank you for your help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gencrisher1294 

Not true. Sounds like you're being scammed. PayPal does not ask you to buy and submit a gift card in order to send and/or receive/see payment in your PayPal account. If someone really paid, you should see a record of payment fairly instantly.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gencrisher1294 

Not true. Sounds like you're being scammed. PayPal does not ask you to buy and submit a gift card in order to send and/or receive/see payment in your PayPal account. If someone really paid, you should see a record of payment fairly instantly.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gencrisher1294
New Community Member
i have an invoice he send to me. i will send it to you. but i dont know how to send it here
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gencrisher1294 

Buyers don't send invoices, sellers do.

If he has sent you an 'invoice' then its been altered to make it look as if he has paid but an invoice is to pay not paid.

Its a scam as you have already been told.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.