Skeptical about an item's legitimacy on ebay, how should I proceed?

JamieCal505
Contributor
Contributor

Hey. So about a year ago, I paid for something on ebay, then the seller immediately deleted his account. I tried to get a refund on paypal, but I couldn't access the resolution center correctly in this new layout. I can't remember all the details, but the payment was pending for ages then it went through. It was a cheap item, so I wasn't that bothered, but I did spend a lot of time on Paypal trying to get my money back.

Now I'm thinking of buying another item. Fairly cheap, but suspicious. I've checked feedback, which is 11 positive, but all from the last month, none for the item I'm considering. Some of the people who've left feedback have hundreds of positive feedback themselves.

just wanted to ask, if I am to proceed, what's the best way to go about ensuring I can get my money back if it's another fraud? I found last time that because the seller's account and item listing were gone, it was hard to access everything, as the resolution center on here kept sending me to ebay where everything had been deleted.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

advice removed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.