Signup page: "Please check your information and try again"

jccwolfe
New Community Member

My partner is trying to sign up for a new personal account. He enters his information perfectly fine on the signup page but keeps getting the error message "Please check your information and try again" which doesn't highlight any wrong information. He hasn't left any field blank but is still getting an error message and the page absolutely will not let him create an account.

What is the cause of this issue and how can it be fixed? Why is it giving error messages for a form that looks perfectly filled in? Why is it not saying what the issue actually is, just that there is one? An answer would be greatly appreciated as he would like to sell some crafts soon.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

rharveyuk
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps related, perhaps not, however, I had an issue today in signing up for a new Paypal Credit agreement.

The issue was a full stop in the address field. Check that there are no special characters of any sort ( . , ' : ; - etc) and then try again?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LauraNorris
New Community Member

Are there no responses to this question considering how many people seem to have this same issue? Of course there's an hour wait over the phone with PayPal to figure this issue out.

Login to Me Too
Solved

rharveyuk
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps related, perhaps not, however, I had an issue today in signing up for a new Paypal Credit agreement.

The issue was a full stop in the address field. Check that there are no special characters of any sort ( . , ' : ; - etc) and then try again?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.