Shareue website

AshburnVaMan
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else used the Shareue website from China?  It’s new and seems to be legitimate in most ways, but I cannot find anything on it elsewhere other than the <Removed> website which shows they are registered through GoDaddy. 

They ask a lot of personal questions (name, address, email, phone number) which I am worried to submit and then has a PayPal icon to pay which I am dubious of (I usually don’t need to provide the payment person info if i use PayPal). 

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

AshburnVaMan
Contributor
Contributor

So I am guessing that you are okay.  

I would see if your settings so you get an email notice from PP anytime you use it.  I always get one. 

Login to Me Too

AshburnVaMan
Contributor
Contributor

So you used your PayPal account?  If yes, did it seem normal, did you get an email from Pay Pal? Did you check your Pay Pal account to see if it came through? 

Login to Me Too

Kt831
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it seemed perfectly normal except that i didnt get any kind of confirmation email afterwards. I just found on their website that they don't send an email until it ships and to allow 2-5 days for the order to be processed.
Login to Me Too

AshburnVaMan
Contributor
Contributor

But did you get an email notice from Pay Pal and did you check your PP account? 

I always get an email from PP  right after I use it. 

Login to Me Too

PrimeNumber
Contributor
Contributor

I came here after buying from their site and something felt off.  I want to just cancel my order.  I opened a case through PayPal.  Is that my best course of action?  Should I worry about doing anything else to protect my identity?  This site seems like it might be trying to gather personal information for fraud.

Please let me know what course of action I should take to cancel my order and protect myself.  I already opened a case with PayPal as I mentioned.  Thank you!

Login to Me Too

AshburnVaMan
Contributor
Contributor

Okay people JUST CHECK YOUR PAY PAL ACCOUNT.  IMMEDIATELY. 

If it the purchase you just made isn’t listed, then there is a problem. 

I think the key here is two things that might be happening(not sure) :

1. after you put your info in and then hit the Pay Pal icon you had to put in your password....IF the website has malware that makes a mock Pay Pal Interface, it makes you believe you made the purchase (which you need to check you PL account to see if this actually happened)

2. If the website is a fraud as described above,  then when you put in your PP password which allowed them to see your password, they can use your PP account elsewhere or sell it.   Again, check your PP account to see if it went through legitimately...if so you should be okay. 

Login to Me Too

Kt831
Contributor
Contributor
My transaction is showing pending authorization. What do you think that means? Maybe PayPal is investigating them before they allow the funds to go through? At this point maybe I should just cancel this transaction
Login to Me Too

AshburnVaMan
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah they might be waiting until they check the site out.  I am not sure.

my wife thinks that is the case.  If so, they will figure it out so you should be okay. 

Login to Me Too

hercegno
Contributor
Contributor

Or perhaps this is a new site, and they try to figure out how to manage the business. Also not sure, if they are working on the weekend. If this business is just like a one or two person's they might be off for the weekend. Might be that is the reason they didn't claim the payments yet.   

Login to Me Too

AshburnVaMan
Contributor
Contributor

Checking out the location on Google Earth has it in a big industrial sight, lots of warehouses. 

Likely duplicating the Amazon business model (like everyone else) but for China and foreign country (to them) citizens looking for big time discounted stuff.  Really the only rip on them from the fraud notification web sights is they are (started in late Sept) and not enough known about them.   I bet if you call them they is someone there working ....ph number is at the bottom of their page. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.