Setting up a new account

JasonB2
New Community Member

I have an existing personal PayPal account. 

I'm self-employed, and a customer has asked for the ability to pay me via PayPal. The customer wants a business rather than a personal account to work with. 

Every time I try to set up a new account, the PayPal website is redirecting me back to my personal account. The automated voice service on the Customer Service line is unable to distinguish what I am trying to do. 

How can I set up a new account online?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JasonB2 

Why do they need you to have a business paypal account? It matters little to their paypal buyer protection which would be the same.

As long as you send a money request or invoice fully detailing the item/service you supplied then they would have buyer protection.

If you want a business account then you would have to either 'upgrade' your existing one by clicking on the cog icon next to log out and using the upgrade option on the left

OR

you can open another paypal account ie business by clicking to register a business account with a new email address to identify that account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.