Setting up Merchant or Business Account

Linda1115
New Community Member

Hello,

I am starting a small online business and am told that I will need a Merchant Account.  How do I go about getting this?  I have tried to call customer service several times but either there is more than an hour wait or I receive a message stating that no more calls can be taken.  Seems like I can't get through to a live person and am concerned as to what will happen if I set up a merchant/business account and will not be able to reach out to anyone if I need assistance.  Please advise.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ysa_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day! I hope all is well. Thank you for using community forum to be heard.

Please check this helpful link https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-sign-up-for-a-paypal-account-faq963 

Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions, we currently have limited customer service staffing so wait times may be longer. You can still view answers to frequently asked questions on this page or send us a message, though responses may take longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Stay Blessed!

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Linda1115 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

I hope you can start your online business soon. That must be exciting!

Re your concern, if you have a registered business (that operates under a company/group name) then you can go ahead and create a Merchant account. If you are one of the casual sellers or non-businesses who wish to get paid online then a Personal PayPal account will work for you.

For more information, please click here. 

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.