Sent gift instead of cash

1Decent1
Contributor
Contributor
Tried to send money to a friend. A pop-up for a gift came up and I accidently clicked on it. Now my friend says he didn't get any money. What did I do and how can I correct it??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1Decent1 

Sending a "gift" is the same as sending money, you just get an option to attach a digital greeting theme/card. You probably click the gift box icon on the amount page by accident and you were asked to select a theme for the digital greeting card.

What is the status of the payment transaction? Money Sent in the Completed or Pending section? PayPal may review a payment for up to 72 hours before sending it on to the recipient. And check the recipient email address to make sure it is correct.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1Decent1 

Sending a "gift" is the same as sending money, you just get an option to attach a digital greeting theme/card. You probably click the gift box icon on the amount page by accident and you were asked to select a theme for the digital greeting card.

What is the status of the payment transaction? Money Sent in the Completed or Pending section? PayPal may review a payment for up to 72 hours before sending it on to the recipient. And check the recipient email address to make sure it is correct.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.