Sending texts to an old phone

Naemoor
Contributor
Contributor

You have my new phone number (active, confirmed and used by you to call me.) But you still want to send security texts to my old phone to verify my identity. Where is this old number stored. The new number does not appear in the drop-down list of numbers to send texts to. Just an old phone and the thief has had enough luck to last a lifetime.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Naemoor

'WE' are not going anything as this is a community 'user to user' help forum and not Paypal customer services.

However to check your phone for notifications go to 'settings' (cog icon next to log out) > click on 'notifications' in the blue band and check the phone number right at the top of the page. Is it the correct one??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Foundit
New Community Member
If figured it out! From your desktop, click on the settings cog next to the logout, there will be a sub menu, click on security, then security key, from there you should be able to remove your old number and add your new number. Hope this helps!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.