Sending money without invoice concern

piNkî
Hi I’m about to choose the send money option and send to a email address provided to pay for a item I’m buying from a Facebook marketplace seller , I’m just curious is that still safe ? If it’s a fraud and I don’t receive my item can I still get my money back through PayPal
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@piNkî 

As long as you DO NOT use the send money > family/friends option then you will have buyer protection.

BUT that protection is not a 100% coverall so you need to read up on it so you can risk assess your transactions.

Be very careful of social media sales as their sellers are not vetted and whilst you may get the item sometimes its misdescribed or the wrong one and the cost to send it back to somewhere like China (where a lot of these sellers are based) costs more than the item is worth.

Secondly make sure you have activated the below link before you buy anything so that you may qualify for help towards return shipping costs by paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@piNkî 

As long as you DO NOT use the send money > family/friends option then you will have buyer protection.

BUT that protection is not a 100% coverall so you need to read up on it so you can risk assess your transactions.

Be very careful of social media sales as their sellers are not vetted and whilst you may get the item sometimes its misdescribed or the wrong one and the cost to send it back to somewhere like China (where a lot of these sellers are based) costs more than the item is worth.

Secondly make sure you have activated the below link before you buy anything so that you may qualify for help towards return shipping costs by paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.