Sending money using family and friends with sufficient paypal balance, asked to pay remaining fee?

snurtles28
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I want to send money using family and friends, however, I am being asked to pay the remaining fee with my credit card even when I have the sufficint amount in my PayPal balance. I want to pay $27.00 USD which is converted into $36.60 CAD, and my PayPal balance is $36.64 CAD. I tried to remove my credit card but was rejected due to the card being used for "current payments". I was wondering if there is an HST tax applied to PayPal? Or is there any way I can remove my credit card to pay? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snurtles28

If you are using funds in your Paypal balance then they have to be in the correct currency that the receiver accepts.

Psypsl however will convert a payment made from your bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snurtles28

If you are using funds in your Paypal balance then they have to be in the correct currency that the receiver accepts.

Psypsl however will convert a payment made from your bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

snurtles28
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, I was searching for more solutions and ran into yours. I changed the currency from CAD to USD, which I now have $27.17 USD. I still want to send $27.00 USD via family and friends, but PayPal is still making me use my credit card for the remaining price (??) and i can’t remove it because it says that it’s in payment processing. I emailed PayPal earlier and haven’t received a response yet, but the community says the email team isn’t entirely reliable. I have also tried calling them, but I’m being held on a 2 hour call back hold.
Login to Me Too

apertotes

I have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@apertotes

Have you made the currency you want to send your primary funding choice for that transaction?

Click on details next to your balance > select the currency you want to send as your primary currency (you can swap it back again later if you want to).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

maxkelly
New Community Member

ive removed my other currencies and made the one the reciever uses to my primary, and it still asks me to link a payment method

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @maxkelly,

I'm sorry that you're unable to make the payment that you would like to make. It's possible that the security system has detected some element of risk and is declining the available funding methods for the transaction. I would suggest reaching out to customer service to allow a representative take a look at the payment attempt and see what's happening.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved soon!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.