Sending money to a personal account

KeraMorris
Contributor
Contributor

So I am trying to purchase something from someone off of Instagram, and they have their PayPal account set up as Personal. If for some reason they were to scam me, is there anything I can do? Because I know PayPal won't refund your money when you are sending to friends and family accounts. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KeraMorris

Premier accounts merged a few years ago and so if they have a personal account then its a personal / premier account and they can sell on that ( I do ).

You only need a business account if you are a registered business OR high volume seller normally.

There is no such thing as a friends / family account, its an option you choose when you send a payment to a mate or family member UNLESS its a paypal.me link when you can tick the goods / services option with a friends / family paypal.me link.

You have buyer protection as long as you pay using the send money > goods / services option OR get the seller to send an invoice or money request.

But you need to make sure the item you are buying is FULLY described on the payment method.

However paypal buyer protection is never a 100% coverall, so you need to read up on it to risk assess your transactions.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.