Sending money from PayPal to Venmo

gorans
Contributor
Contributor

is it possible to send money from my PayPal account to someone's Venmo account?

They don't have the PayPal account, they only gave me their phone number that is linked to their Venmo account.

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

dcrf
Contributor
Contributor

I know I am two years late to this conversation.  But so much Yes to everything you said.

Why is this so difficult.  I have paypal and don't want venmo.  Some people I know have the opposite.  We have so much trouble reimbursing each other for that dinner out where I forgot my wallet or their portion of a bill, or whatever.  

Of course we are all too stubborn to just have both accounts.  

It is infuriating.  Why, PayPal, Why!!!!

Login to Me Too

Will7278
This is ridiculous, PayPal owns venmo. I don't want my info available through yet another online app. These apps should communicate without issue. Banks do this through routing # and account #.
Login to Me Too

Temp20221014A
New Community Member
Indeed. Yours should have been marked as the correct answer.
Login to Me Too

Cheddarific

You cannot currently add your PayPal debit card to your Venmo account, as Venmo detects this and throws an error message.  😞

I hope this gets fixed, as there's no good reason for it.

Login to Me Too

Doesn’t PayPal own VENMO? Where’s Elon? I want a Mars refund; this is entirely too many processes; imagine what the lines are going to look like on the red planet; my goodness my gracious, let’s get a fix on this; stat! okay google web hook me up! While u are it, loan me 30 bucks. Twenty 20 Times. If it’s broke figured out an app to fix it, that’s the entire makeup of this Web Dev. WAKEUP—what? We’re here! Where? Mars Dear; oh, looks hot; or— is it looks cold, u know because it’s soo— ok u get it. 🤓
Login to Me Too

janieh007
Contributor
Contributor
THAT drives me absolutely crazy!!!! WTH is with PayPal! My nieces and nephew use venmo and hate PayPal and trying to send money from my PayPal is just ridiculous and stressful. PayPal has totally failed on the whole ‘do not confuse customers’ deal.
Login to Me Too

LyndseyD
Contributor
Contributor
You can add Venmo debit card number to your PayPal. This is the case for your own accounts. I have PayPal for years like most of us and now I have a venmo card. I can transfer funds from PayPal to venmo. I have not tried to send money from venmo to PayPal though. Venmo was created to send money between venmo users. Not for Venmo to random friends bank account or PayPal etc. Just venmo to venmo. They should be compatible since PayPal owns both but so far as far as I can tell if you have both you can send money from PayPal to your own venmo. I guess this could work to send to someone else's venmo but you would have to add their venmk Mastercard to your cards in payment methods. And I don't think anyone is gonna want to do that.
Login to Me Too

rflrojo
New Community Member
You can not add a paypal debit card to venmo!
Login to Me Too

msktomson

And what about the reverse? Sending money to Paypal from Venmo? I can't find answers on Paypal about this. I don't want to get another app with all its corresponding risks and password challenges when I've already got Paypal. It should work. Pay for the developers to do this. Maybe paypal is going to go away? Does it philosophically link with Millenials? Post-Millenials? Is it written in another programming language?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.