Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending money from PayPal to Venmo

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Sending money from PayPal to Venmo

Hi @dcrf,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

You may find more information here.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for your response, my comment wasn't intended to be an end all answer, it is something I experienced and I was having issue with and thought I'd share my solution. The whole feed is about PayPal to Venmo so I'm sure this will help some people regardless of the originating issue but also could help someone figure out another solution with said accounts. I am a small business owner and I use both but I also think ways exist to work around this issue and mentioning how I did might help someone find a workaround that works for them. 

Highlighted

Send to phone number; right?
Highlighted

This is ridiculous. Paypal owns both companies. Members of both communities should be able to send money to each other, without having to expose their financial information again, by signing up with the other app. People shouldn't need 2 apps owned by the same company. Makes no sense that Paypal can't send money to another app that they own. Come on PayPal...step up and fox this issue!
Highlighted
New Community Member

If you have the PayPal MasterCard debit card, which spends from your PayPal balance, then save yourself days of waiting for funds transfers and just ***fund your Venmo transaction with the PayPal MasterCard debit card***.
Highlighted
Contributor

@SamClemenswrote:
If you have the PayPal MasterCard debit card, which spends from your PayPal balance, then save yourself days of waiting for funds transfers and just ***fund your Venmo transaction with the PayPal MasterCard debit card***.

I do have a PayPal debit card but they charge you to use it (both to "load it" by downloading money from your PayPal account to use it for payments and to use it to withdraw from your PayPal balance using an ATM.

Highlighted
New Community Member

PAYPAL, FIX THIS! I don't want to sign up for venmo because i have paypal. You already have my information. 

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Contributor

I agree! Please fix this! Doesn't seem like much to ask from a consumer's stand point. Two products under the same umbrella should be able to talk to each other. I want to send funds from my Paypal to a friend's Venmo. Now I have to go through the hassel of installing the Venmo app, setting it up, just to send one payment then uninstall Venmo. What a headache.

Highlighted
New Community Member

I guess I'll be switching to venmo.
Highlighted
Contributor

Im going through the sane thing maybe if there is a app where all the money or cash is linked online. An app that links the cash apps together. isn't it an idea but im not sure thats invented yet until.....