Sending money, fee is as high as payment?

B0NELESS
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to send $5 as a payment and the system is trying to charge me $4.99 using my bank account or $5 using my CC. Is this correct?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

No, sounds like something is not working properly.

If this is a purchase - there should be no fees.

If sending money to a friend or family member and you choose a credit card - there is fee however, it's 2.9% plus $.30. which on $5 would be $.45.

Something to try, clear or delete your web browser's cookies, temp files, history, cache, etc. then close the browser, reopen it and log back into your account and try again.   If you get the same results, then you may want to contact or phone customer service and ask them to take a look at your account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

No, sounds like something is not working properly.

If this is a purchase - there should be no fees.

If sending money to a friend or family member and you choose a credit card - there is fee however, it's 2.9% plus $.30. which on $5 would be $.45.

Something to try, clear or delete your web browser's cookies, temp files, history, cache, etc. then close the browser, reopen it and log back into your account and try again.   If you get the same results, then you may want to contact or phone customer service and ask them to take a look at your account.

Login to Me Too

B0NELESS
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

I was able to resolve it by using the app. Very strange!

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.