cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending money fee free

SOLVED
New Community Member

Re: Sending money fee free

Hi my friend, May i check for Singapore, if i fund my paypal account through my bank account, and send payment to a friend. Do i still get charge for the transaction fees?

Hi adidas168,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I see you have not had a response from our members to date. Maybe I can help.

I'm afraid you only have the option to send funds for goods and services therefore you will be charged a fee.

-David R

Contributor

Hey there, I have $10.63 in my PayPal balance, but I can't buy a $9.99 item as it shows "Add Credit Card" (I do have a debit card added, but it's empty) Is that because I have them $9.81 and 2.97NIS (Israeli Shekel)? Thank You! 🙂
Contributor

what about if both accounts are are in the uk ?

i.e. if i wanted to send money to my cousin who also lives in the uk?

im sure iv tried and it charges,,

Esteemed Advisor

@darkstepz

If you use the family / friends option AND fund it via funds in your paypal balance OR bank transfer then its FREE.

If you use a credit card then its charged.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

It charges me if I use 'send to friends & family' option - sending to another paypal user from my paypal accnt.

Used to be free!

I think I'm gonna stop using paypal if they start charging for everything including sending to friends & family as 'gift' 

New Community Member

Hello sir how to send money friends or family without fees
Tell me sir

Hello thirum! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community! If you select to send a payment to family and friends, there are no fees as long as the payment is funded with your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of your PayPal balance and bank account. However, if your debit/credit card is used to cover the payment, a small fee will apply. You can read more about this here https://goo.gl/L6v48E. Hope this helps. - Carlos 

Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Carlos

This seems to be an ongoing anomaly.

I have seen conflicting advice on paypals site and from the mods on fees for friends / family payments involving DEBIT CARDS.

You and the link you have posted state you pay a fee if you fund it from a debit card.

Yet in the user agreement AND when you click on send money > friends family it clearly states >>

FROM THE USER AGREEMENT.

A1.1 Domestic Personal Transaction payment Fees

Note that either the sender or the recipient pays the Fee, not both. Please see A4.2.3 of this Schedule 1 for more information.

Activity

Fee for payment fully funded by:
- PayPal Balance;
- Bank; and/or

- Debit Card (in GBP between UK registered Accounts).

Sending or Receiving

Free (when no currency conversion is involved)

As you can see it states FREE with a debit card.

And again  >>

FROM THE SEND MONEY OPTION WHEN YOU GO TO PAY.

Send money to friends and family. >

No fee if you use your PayPal balance, bank account or debit card to send money in GBP to friends or family within the UK.

However your link states there IS a fee for a debit card >>

Sending money – Personal payments:

There are no fees within the UK to send money to family and friends when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of your PayPal balance and bank account.

There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card. The fee in the is 3.4% plus 20p of the amount you send. For example, if you send £100.00 GBP by credit card, the fee would be £3.60 GBP (£3.40 GBP + 20p).

I have pointed out this conflicting advice in the past as we have had users on here stating they are being charged for debit card payments for family / friends payments and the advice on the site and the moderators also changes.

Can paypal please clarify?

Cheers.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
New Community Member

I am having the same problem using Paypal balance. NO currency exchange or anything else of the sort. Fee is over 20%. when sending $10 usd.... YIKES!!!!!