Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending money fee free

SOLVED

Re: Sending money fee free

Hi pnclim,

Thanks for posting on our UK Community Forum 🙂

If the card you're using is listed in USD, the funds you're sending in EUR will be calculate based on the current PayPal exchange rate. This figure will be visible before you complete the payment though.

Any additional cross border fees for this personal payment can be easily identified using this article: http://ow.ly/TIqX2

I hope you find this useful and please let me know if you've any further questions about this process,

Conor

Contributor

Thanks Conor for the info.

I followed the link you provided (http://ow.ly/TIqX2). It says for payment from Singapore to Poland the fee is 4.9% + Fixed Fee. This is horendously high fee for sending personal money.

Seems like I should be better off sending money using Commercial Payment route. Your web page shows "Fees for cross border commercial payment" = 1.8% for rest of the world!

However, there is no personal or commercial choice for PayPal for account in Singapore. And I noticed that I got charged about Euro 80 when I pay about Euro 1540. This works out to be > 5% ... Horrendously high. Any explanation why this is so when "Fees for cross border commercial payment" = 1.8% for rest of the world?

Thanks.

Regards,

Peter <removed>

Contributor

Hi pnclim,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m very sorry to hear this, please let me explain the fees for you.

You are right, the fee to receive a commercial payment from Singapore to Poland is 4.9% + Fixed Fee. The 1.8% cross border fee is just only the international part of the total fee which means the total fee = the fee for receiving domestic commercial payments + the cross border fee + if applies - the currency conversion fee.

Hope this explains the process. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Anna

Contributor

Hi

So I like to know is there a free policy for people in Taiwan?

Me and a friend are both Taiwanese, we started digital selling 4 monthes ago in Envato site by using my PayPal for the income. I will have pay him sharings each time we have withdraw from Envato site.

Is there a free way for me an him? We are in Taiwan.

Hi Bard,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

I see you have not had a response to date. Maybe it is something I can help you with.

I'm afraid at the moment you will need to pay a fee when sending payments. You can find the cost by clicking the Fees tab at the bottom of your PayPal account.

-David R

Contributor

Hi 

Im from morocco and i cant manage to send funds to friend for free and for two times paypal took 5% from my transactions .is send money to Gift/family available in morocco?

Esteemed Advisor

@aloukay

No idea what is available in your country, you would have to ask your own customer services that one.

BUT in this country and many others paypal family / friends payments are only free IF you fund them from your bank account OR funds already in your paypal account balance. If you fund it with a card then you pay a fee.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

thank you or your reply 

about UK i know they have that option i was wondering about my contry since i have just good and service i suppose we are steel not supported

Hi aloukay,

I am afraid personal payments are not available in Morocco at this time. 

You should find all of the information you need on the fee structure here https://www.paypal.com/ma/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

Siobhan