Selling fees

LH612
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I've always worked on the calculation 3.4% +20p as being the fee for receiving payment via Paypal (UK). This has always worked other than items sold via Global Shipping where I believe the fee is 3.9% +20p? Recently, however, I seem to have been charged a few pence more: most recently tonight: Item value inc. postage: £6.49: fee should have been 42p... but I was charged 49p. The online calculator still says 42p, all reference to fees seems to agree with the 3.4% +20p fee.  Any ideas??? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LH612

PayPal has changed standard rate recently to 2.9% + 30p. In August, I think. Cross-border rates are the same and in addition to new standard rate.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LH612

PayPal has changed standard rate recently to 2.9% + 30p. In August, I think. Cross-border rates are the same and in addition to new standard rate.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LH612
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, that'll work. Thanks for that: I think that's the answer, recalculating a couple sales. Thanks for taking the time to answer my query!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.