Sellers routinely requiring payment by friends and family

kwiltbug
Contributor
Contributor

There is a seller on two facebook groups  who routinely will only accept payment by friends and family, clearly to avoid fees.  She will accept credit cards, but the buyer must pay her 4% for her CC fees.  This is WRONG, but she clearly gets away with it.  What can be done to prevent this blatant use of a good thing when it's used properly?  She often sells some very high end things.  Has about 4 things listed now and this is the most expensive:  

Singer Sewing Two Thread Embroidery Attachment 35505
$1,200
Fully Tested, it works beautifully 🌺
Replica Instructions 🌺Sorry no box
Video available - please request via private message 🌺
PayPal Friends&Family & Free Shipping
CreditCard payment welcome- please cover the fees 4%🌺

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kwiltbug 

There is a link on paypals acceptable use policy to report sellers for violating those terms, so go report her.

However its buyer beware and if the buyers are happy to take the risk of losing their one accounts by purchasing that way then its their risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kwiltbug 

Just don't buy from them because they are invalidating your purchase protection rights. It's actually good when they display such info so you'll know who to avoid. And Facebook is not all that "safe" to buy from, the sellers aren't vetted. They be scams on there.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kwiltbug
Contributor
Contributor

The thing is, people have bought from her and vouch for her and the 'owners' of the two groups have no problem with it as they say the is 'trustworthy' and has many hard to find items.  So essentially, she is getting away with cheating not only paypal out of fees, but because she has such high end items, the income from sales doesn't have to be reported.  She is scamming paypal and the IRS, but no one seems to care because of the hard to find things she sells.   

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kwiltbug 

There is a link on paypals acceptable use policy to report sellers for violating those terms, so go report her.

However its buyer beware and if the buyers are happy to take the risk of losing their one accounts by purchasing that way then its their risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kwiltbug
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  I will look for the link.  She has listed more, but now it says just "paypal accepted" without the additional payment must be made by friends and family and if by credit card, pay my fees.  BUT I have a screen shot saved.  Thanks for you info.  I hope I can find the link.  New to finding my way around here.  If you have the link, I would appreciate it.  Thank you kindly!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.