Seller cost

Kurt8
Contributor
Contributor

I’m buying wheels from a seller for $2,000. What will his transaction fee be so I can reimburse him and also have buyer protection

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kurt8 

2.9% + 30 cents

In order to get purchase protection, you must send payment as goods and services; pay a PayPal Invoice, money request or click "Change" link under amount field to select "Paying for item or service". If you're referring to wheels as in tires that is covered but not an actual vehicle. If you're picking up the tires instead of having them shipped with a tracking number, can't file Item Not Received dispute, only Not As Described.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kurt8
Contributor
Contributor

These are car rims being shipped from California to Connecticut. I just want to have insurance in case they are lost or damaged in transit. Does this make sense.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kurt8 

In the event of a dispute you can open a dispute for item not received OR ite received but not as described.

But it is not an 'insurance' and its not a 100% coverall, you need to read up on buyer protection and risk assess your transactions.

Sellers are not allowed to charge you their 'fee' as long as you do NOT use the friends/family option OR a personal paypal.me link then you would have buyer protection anyway but as i said read up on it first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.