Seeing the original value before the exchange occurs

vi_guga
New Community Member

I use PayPal to receive my payments its been a while - and dollar is not my original coin (it is BRL R$), so whenever I receive a payment, PayPal shows me the amount I receive using my local coin (BRL R$), but that's a problem because I receive in dollar - so I can't see the original value that was sent to me, neither the original coin type (USD $, EUR, etc) - So for example, that's a problem because if a client tries to not give me the agreed payment - I will have to discover it by trying to convert the value myself, but that is hard because Paypal updates the coin's values 3 or more times a day and there is the PayPal fees, which makes harder to convert all the way back to the original sent value - so it would be really helpful to see the original value with the original coin that was sent to me in my transaction details.

I tried to message them and do a report - but they never seem to understand the problem - or to do something about it.

This image explain my problem:

example.PNG

As you can see I received around R$ 995. And that is my local coin, the original value was agreed to be in USD ($) - about 200 USD - But my client sent to me 200 Canadian dollars, but I only discovered that long time after I received the money, so in the end I got less money than we agreed, but I was unable to know it because paypal simply doesnt show me, AND THEY HAVE THIS INFORMATION, THEY SIMPLY CHOOSE TO NOT SHOW ME, I know this because I have messaged them asking about this transaction and they sent to me the original coin and value, but I can't ask them every time I get a transaction, and I need to see it every single time. It's my money PayPal, I deserve to know, and to see it.

So, simply by updating the app to show "original transaction coin-value: 200 CAD" would be really helpful and powerful.

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.