Security

blwood115
Contributor
Contributor
Noticed after have made an online purchase with PayPal then return to store & exit browser that if I reopen browser on PayPal home page I am still logged in to my PayPal account. Would have assumed would log me off when leaving payment site bit seems not. Strikes me as a security issue? Any thoughts? Cheers Brian
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey blwood115,

Sorry to hear about the concern! When it comes to purchasing online, there is a feature that allows future payments to merchants if you agree during checkout. this means that when buying from the same merchant in the future, you won't have to log in again. Alternatively, your PayPal account will stay logged in for a few minutes after you close the browser - there is an automatic logout feature after 15 minutes to ensure the account doesn't remain logged in after you've finished using it. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

blwood115
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Ashley. Must say haven’t noticed option to allow future payments to same store without relogin. Is it possible to dissable that feature? Cheers Brian
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi blwood115,

Great question! There's no way to disable future payments completely in an account, however you can manage what websites have this enabled using the information here. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

blwood115
Contributor
Contributor
The more l learn the more anxious l become. So in settings I find “manage automatic payments” with a bunch of sites l have bought from in the past listed as active. The only subscription I have isn’t listed. Also find Airbnb listed but never paid Airbnb with PayPal? How does all this work? Confused now
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi blwood115,

I understand your security concerns. If there is a subscription with PayPal, this authorises a merchant to take a payment from a customer's PayPal account and the payment will be automatically debited. This may happen at the checkout of a payment indicated by the merchant. Before making a payment, I would suggest you verify the boxes ticked.

Hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.