Security concern - Text asking for confirmation of identity

Molly_Malone
New Community Member

I don't use PayPal very often but have made two transactions in the last day. I received a text from a mobile number <removed> which says 

'Your PayPal is restricted. Please re-confirm your identity today or your account will be closed." there is a Tap to Load Preview of an attachment with "paypal.co.uk.sl1s....

I have checked my account and there is nothing out of the ordinary. I called the number from another phone and it is an O2 mobile going to answer-machine.

My concern is that my phone or phone number is somehow compromised because it feels like too much of coincidence that I receive this text so shortly after making two Paypal transactions.

Any thoughts ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Faxfan
Contributor
Contributor
I've just received the same text message tonight but haven't clicked on the link as it didn't seem genuine. Please can PayPal confirm if this is fake or not?
Login to Me Too

19Reef64
New Community Member
I've received same type text asking me to log in using my e mail and password!!!! Doesn't seem legit so can PayPal confirm.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.