Security Issue with Two Factor Authorization - Password is being reset by someone

rj87
New Community Member

Over the last two weeks, I have been getting a phone call from paypal customer support. <removed>

Since I use an iphone and a mac, I can see the phone call on my computer screen as well. As soon as I get this call it shows up as "answered on phone", even though I havent answered the call. Shortly thereafter I get a an email that my password has been reset and that my payment method has been updated. 

Im assuming someone is using the paypal automated system to reset my password and remotely accessing my phone to get the 5 digit code, that you need to reset the password. How, I dont know! Anyone have any insight into how to stop this ? Changing my password is futile because they can just call, remotely answer and reset again. 

This probably means someone has the last four my social as well. I have such a love hate relationship with my paypal account 😕

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@rj87

You should run antivirus software on your computer, and reset your password again.

You should also change the answers to your security questions. You can change your questions in the security tab.

You may want to consider changing from an SMS Security Key to Verisign 2FA. You wont receive an SMS with Verisign, you'll receive your code within the VIP Access App.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@rj87

You should run antivirus software on your computer, and reset your password again.

You should also change the answers to your security questions. You can change your questions in the security tab.

You may want to consider changing from an SMS Security Key to Verisign 2FA. You wont receive an SMS with Verisign, you'll receive your code within the VIP Access App.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.