Security Code Text Messages

Deidre766
New Community Member

Why would i get a text message providing me with a security code saying that it'll be valid for five minutes when I never requested one? I got three of those text messages back to back! Why?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

It would be impossible to know why as this is a public community.   Just curious - do you have your account security key option enabled ?   (It's a setting in your Profile for 2-step authentication.)

Login to Me Too

davidomackay
Contributor
Contributor

After calling Paypal they informed me that my account was accessed from Mountainview, CA which is the HQ location for Mint.com which I have authorized for online banking balance review purposes. 

The funny thing is Mint has had access to Paypal since September of last year, and in October of this year was the first time I received an unrequested security check related to Mint random balance check activity. 

Login to Me Too

apriljohnson198
Contributor
Contributor
I also keep having this issue.. I called PayPal & ended up hanging up half way through the call because I was terrified that I was talking to a scam company. I double checked the number I called to be sure & it was in fact PayPal & the messages I’m receiving are from PayPal as well, it’s just very concerning that I am not requesting these security codes.. I’ve gotten I believe 5 of these security code texts today...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.