Scams supported by PayPal

Notsatisfied
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal needs to be investigated by Attorney General Office for supporting and partnering with fraudulent Third World and Chinese Companies. I urge everone to contact AG to file complaint
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Notsatisfied 

OR just don't buy from these as you choose your sellers not paypal.

All paypal do is safely process your payments for you and give you 'some' buyer protection as per their buyer protection policy.

However that policy does not cover you for everything and is not a guarantee of quality.

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ojs4
Contributor
Contributor

I have a VERY similar story. I just saw an article about this in the news and thought of looking here. In my case, PayPal sided with a knock-off producer that was fraudulently advertising on Instagram. Their website disappeared and they were not even responding to PayPal itself by the time PayPal decided in their favor.

I'm here to say that my solution was to replace my PayPal Plus Mastercard with a bank that still has humans working for it. I soon discovered that just replacing my preferred card did not keep my PayPal Mastercard from being charged when clicking the PayPal button on sites where I had already used PayPal in the past, when my PayPal Plus card had been my preferred card. I had to go into the place on the PayPal site where you change cards you've set for recurring payments (like subscriptions) and de-couple my card from every single vender I had ever used PayPal with before. Took some time but worth it to know that at least PayPal will not be collecting on that part of their business with me ever again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.