Scammers

Isaac110
New Community Member
I'm 100% sure someone is trying to scam me with fake pay pal emails and saying they will pay me an extra $80 for shipping and they need express post and for it to be shipped asap and now they are messaging me because I have ignored it saying the payment has left they're account and all that crap how do I deal with someone like this
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaac110 

Delete the emails and ignore them, once they know you are not going to be scammed they will move on to the next potential victim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaac110 

Delete the emails and ignore them, once they know you are not going to be scammed they will move on to the next potential victim.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Staciekitt
Contributor
Contributor
I knew this was a scam from the beginning so I continued to let them “think” I was falling for their BS! I did tell the idiot via text that I Might a been born at night but it darn sure wasn’t last night and I know for a fact that if your sending money to someone via Paypal... paypal doesn’t stop it or do anything unless the sender or receiver do something. At any rate just like the others posting on here I listed furniture on Thursday the 13th 2019 at 10:30 AM and I bet I had over 10 scammers contact me not 30 minutes after I posted it. CRAZY!! Luckily I can spot a scammer with the quickness! I also get calls daily just about from scammers impersonating DEA and IRS and State Prison, SS you name it!!! Like the DEA one for example they said do you know the reason why we’re calling you bla bla and I blew up on them and said well no I don’t unless it has something to do with a case I’m working on lol boy he hung up fast!! Then the prison one... ha!! Well it was pretty much the same thing except I Led this one on and he began to say that I didn’t report in to my PO so I now have a warrant out for my arrest for violation of probation and I will be sent straight back to prison for 10 years bla bla bla so I’m just letting this dude go on and on letting him think I was feeding into his BS because number 1) I’ve NEVER EVER BEEN TO JAIL MUCH-LESS PRISON!!! So I then say oh my gosh oh my gosh I thought I was done with that I don’t know what I’m going to do now I don’t want to go back to prison and I’m just leading this guy on as far as I can and he said well now calm down just calm down.... He said now I can make this go away for you and I said you can really how please tell me how I’ll do whatever I can do to make this go away and he said all you have to do is send me $2500.00 through Western Union today by 5pm and it will go away! Oh lawdy lol 😂 I’m just floored at this point so I said well Mr, I tell you what.. now that I’ve kept you on the phone long enough we now have your IP address and any phones associated with your IP address and a warrant is now being signed as we speak that the judge you picked the wrong person to call and he hung up fast!! One of the detectives tried calling all these people back and he to would get hung up on. So all just be aware because first and foremost, none of these officials are going to call you like this you’d get served papers and/or certified mail if there was any type of problems..
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Staciekitt 

Thats why its best to ignore them once you know its a scam, if not and you annoy them they will use your email address to multi-spam you and may use your addy to sign you up to some nasty websites etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.