Scammer

ball2020
New Community Member

I have a customer asking me to ship items before she pays claiming she gets paid in 2 days and needs it before then for a birthday. If I purchase insurance on the package containing jewelry will it protect me from losing money if she scams me? Feel free to give all info you have!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
We appreciate your question. We highly encourage all our clients whose selling online not to deliver the item without assurance that the payment was made. This will be your main insurance. We do cover purchase protection and we also have protections for sellers if they do qualify but it's not a 100% guaranty. For more info kindly login to our website www.paypal.com. Have a blessed day.
Login to Me Too

Tess_08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @ball2020, Welcome to community forum and I hope your doing well. I strongly suggest to ship the item once you received the payment. Please dont send the item if the payment is not yet posted on your paypal account. We need to have transaction id as reference and transaction id will be created once payment has made. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.