Scammed :(

colemanlf
New Community Member
I sent a transaction over to someone via friends and family, I asked her for a refund as I didn’t like the item, she said that’s fine and apparently she had sent the money back. I have had no money in my activity, no notifications to say that anyone has paid me, I have constantly been messaging/emailing her and I’ve had no reply for a good week now, any tips? PayPal won’t refund me as it was a friends and family transaction so I wasn’t covered by buyer protection which yes is my fault 😞 I just want my money back
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@colemanlf 

If you paid by credit card, you may try to contact your card issuer, otherwise, I'm afraid you won't get your money back because you sent the money as a 'gift' if you used the friends and family option. This gives no incentive for the recipient of the money to refund you. 

Always use 'goods and services' option when buying.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@colemanlf 

If you paid by credit card, you may try to contact your card issuer, otherwise, I'm afraid you won't get your money back because you sent the money as a 'gift' if you used the friends and family option. This gives no incentive for the recipient of the money to refund you. 

Always use 'goods and services' option when buying.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.