Scammed

CJ92
I’ve been receiving emails from PayPal that told me to get a tracking number from post office which I’ve done then it would release funds from buyer. This has not happened. I think I been scammed and feel sick to my stomach! Can anyone help?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJ92 

Think you may have been sadly, check this to see...

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CJ92
Hi thank you for the message. I am still actually in contact with this person and have spoken to him on the phone is there anything I can do to either get my item back or the money I should have received?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.