Scammed! Paypal isn't helping!

thornton716
New Community Member

Hello! I ordered dumb bells on this site from China, Elishops. I placed the order on Friday 4/3/20. On 4/8/20 Paypal emailed me a confirmation that my items were shipped. I did not receive my items and the tracking numbers provided to me were false. Paypal refuses to help because in their eyes I authorized this and the items were as good as shipped. The tracking numbers were for a vet in my town and the lady happened to have my same first name. She received two packages but they were from another company in Pennsylvania. I explained this to paypal, but they still closed my case. I have filed a claim with the FTC, but I am now out $140. Suggestions since there is no one I can talk to at customer service??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monicags 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @thornton716 

Thank you for posting and I am very sorry about the outcome of your case.

Yes, that is correct that this transaction cannot be considered unauthorized since it was made by the account owner but it is not right not to receive a refund if you did not receive the item you ordered. That being said, your dispute should be tagged as "Item not received." So, I have to assume that your seller was able to provide a tracking number that shows "Delivered" on online tracking where in fact was never delivered to your address. Correct? So we need to disprove what shows on this tracking number. To do that, please contact the shipping company and ask for something in writing with their company letterhead and appeal your case along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since the seller provided proof of tracking.

Once you have that evidence available, please contact Customer Service. To get there, kindly click contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available. Since, our phone lines are currently close due to coronavirus (covid-19) emergency, you may want to send an email or go to the message center and chat with a live agent. Or, you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
Twitter: @AskPayPal

Please note that there is a slim chance to get a timely response as we are in skeletal staffing but we greatly appreciate your patience.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

PriyaYoungb
New Community Member

@Ragnar_Lothbrok Thank you for your detailed response.

I tried chatting, sending a message through facebook, filing another claim. Because of Covid-19 all of these options are not possible. The only response I am getting is that my claim is denied. With so many of us facing the same problem from this seller is there anyway that we can get a refund after the PayPal staff is able to work again after the Pandemic clears? I understand that you guys are understaffed but we should not find ourselves outside of the claim window and not able to dispute and get a refund. It’s so frustrating to not get any justice when these people are clearly scamming us. I thought going through PayPal would protect me from these kind of things. Thoroughly frustrating.

Again I thank you for your help and taking the time to respond to our issues.

Login to Me Too

monicags
Contributor
Contributor
I was finally able to get my money back. I had to call UPS. They found that the tracking used was from Amazon not elishops and was to an address in my zip code but not to my home address. UPS confirmed via email that the tracking was not to my address or name. I then sent this to PayPal and received a refund. So deal with UPS to confirm fake tracking and PayPal will refund.
Login to Me Too

RLondon
Contributor
Contributor

I also got my money back, was able to get someone on the phone and they were able to reopen the claim as fraud, the "seller" never got back to them of course. so many of these why do they even work with this company

Login to Me Too

Mrsorich
Contributor
Contributor
They aren’t helping me either with the same issue except I have gotten any tracking number. I ordered this morning from elishops.com and then read how it’s a scam. I want my money back so guess I’ll go through my bank when the charge goes through. I’m also never using PayPal again. I will be deleting my account.
Login to Me Too

_Joseph_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Mrsorich 

If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back.

You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute. Working with your seller can be the quickest way to resolve an issue. You can locate your seller's contact information on the transaction details page. They may be able to issue a refund to you or help with a return. If

you feel the transaction was unauthorized, please visit our Resolution Center to file an unauthorized transaction dispute.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

monicags
Contributor
Contributor

Thi process doesn't work. I filed a dispute for $ 57.94 to Elishops and Paypal closed it. The UPS tracking info assigned to my purchased is fake and fraudulent! It is from China. Shows the item was delivered from Texas to Honolulu in one day and left at my 'garage'. I do not have a garage! How did a package from China originate from Texas and arrive to Hawaii in one day?  How does Paypal not notice this as fake?  The UPS website shows as 'update' under my tracking number and says error but then says delivered. FAKE !! As a Paypal customer, we should be protected from fraud. Why are our disputes against Elishops being closed? 

Login to Me Too

Mrsorich
Contributor
Contributor
The people responding to our messages are as sorry as the person running elishops.com. Everything seems to be generated and PayPal customer service seems to be collecting a paycheck and not even really investigating our issue otherwise there wouldn’t be so many of us with the same issue.
Login to Me Too

monicags
Contributor
Contributor

The same has happened to me and I am in utter disbelief that Paypal will not help me and instead chooses to honor a fake UPS tracking number from China rather than supporting me, their longtime customer I was scammed out of almost $60 by Elishops! I too tried to contact Paypal before the fake shipper even posted a tracking number. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.