Scamed by FX & Crypto Trading

June011
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed by <removed>   I sent refundable deposit $1,000 to receive 100% Guranteed 100% Profit Return every 30 days for 12 months Contact. Paypal received some kind of response from the business.  However, Paypal does not post it to be available to be seen it.  The response from the Paypal is that:

"We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). The decision was made because the purchase is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection according to our User Agreement.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s)."

What can I do to get back money that I was scammed?  Can Paypal do further investigation?  Can my credit card company help?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Unfortunately, the credit card and payment industries are pretty much distancing themselves from anything to do with Crypto, and this is one of the primary reasons why. There is no regulation, and scams like this are everywhere.

I hate to rub it in...but really? 100% return every 30 days for 12 months...guaranteed..?? You should have known better. I'm glad i was $1k and not $10k or more.

There is nothing PayPal is going to do for you on this. You can try your credit card company, but they will likely take the same position. It's worth a shot, but try to avoid the term "crypto" if you want any shot at them helping you out. Just say you paid for a service that you did not receive.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but learn from it and make sure you read up on investing before diving into stuff like this in the future. 😉
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.