Scam?

Blair81
New Community Member
Ok so a guy wanted my email to send me money for an item I was selling. But he sent me an email back saying he paid me. No money showing in my PayPal acct. I clicked the transaction # and it took me to my page to log in. So I did like a moron. I immediately thought geez this could be a scam. So I changed my password. Will he be able to get any info now?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Blair81,

Thank you for joining the community!

It sounds like you did the right thing! If you logged in to the PayPal website the second time through a fresh browser window and not that link, changing the password from that session would help protect your account. If you also gave your security questions during the first login, you may want to change those as well. If you want to be super safe, running a virus scan is also always a good idea.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.