Scam

Linzipinzixx250
Contributor
Contributor
Today i think i have been scammed, i sold a camera for £180 to be pais into my paypal account, i then recieved a email from service@paypal saying they had my funds but would not release money until i provided proof of postage, because the email was from paypal and they said they had the funds i posted item and sent delivery confirmation, then i spoke to paypal and they no nothing about it, this was my late uncles camera i was selling for my dad, police wont help and neither will paypal, whats worse is the item is still at the post office they said because its a Saturday it wont be posted until monday but they cant give me it back, does anyone have any advice x
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Linzipinzixx250 

Sorry, nothing you can do except try to recall that package back with the post office.

ALWAYS check your PayPal account for record of payment first, even if the payment is subject to PayPal's funds availability hold. Do not just believe emails as they can be spoofed.

If you do not see record of payment in your actual account, then you have not been paid.

When you are paid, 2 things happen, PayPal emails you and you get a record of payment in your PayPal account activity.

Sometimes there can be a delay of either the email and payment but you should always make a habit of logging on to account and check for record of payment and make inquiries if you do not see it fairly instantly.

If you also make a habit of using Print Shipping Label feature right from within your account, in the PayPal payment transaction details itself, then you would never ever run in to this problem again because you need the payment transaction record itself to buy the postage label. If there's no payment transaction record in your account, you can't ship as this practice alone ensures that you need the payment transaction record to print shipping label.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.