Scam

ruthncole
New Community Member

How do I know if I am being scammed from a buyer?  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

booksandcoffee
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck. They don't really protect you from anything.

The new one is a so-called designer shop who steals images off the internet and advertises them as their wares. After a long wait, you receive something that is nothing close to what you paid for. They offer you a fraction of the price (less than you paid for shipping) or you can send it back to a foreign country which will cost twice what you already paid and likely you will never see a cent back anyway. Pay pal says too bad you never sent it back or too bad it doesn't (won't/can't) get there within the time limit. No protection from them.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ruthncole, @booksandcoffee,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! PayPal's number one priority is the promotion of safe and secure money movement. With that in mind, it's important to familiarize yourself with our Purchase Protection and Seller Protection. 

Here are two great Help Center articles that cover both topics:

What is the Seller Protection Policy and what items aren’t covered?

Does PayPal cover my purchase if there's a problem? (Purchase / Buyer Protection)

If a problem does come up with a purchase, we recommend our buyers reach out to the sellers first. However, if the problem is unable to be solved, our buyers have the option of opening a dispute or claim to investigate the matter further.

I hope that helps, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.