Scam?

jozefolach
New Community Member

I am trying to buy shoes through a seller on Twitter. I've never done this before, and he is suggesting that I send him money though the 'send friend of family' option instead of 'buying goods or services' option to avoid a 3 week pending wait. Can I dispute a case and potentially get my money back if the item is fake or doesn't arrive? I'm only hesitating because I'd like to be under the buyers protection that PayPal offers.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@jozefolach

You should never send Friends & Family payments for Goods & Services because if there's an issue you will have no recourse.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@jozefolach

You should never send Friends & Family payments for Goods & Services because if there's an issue you will have no recourse.

Login to Me Too

anaTrf
Contributor
Contributor

ok so you know how it goes

got scammed by russian buyer

sent 2 expensive graphic cards there with tracking and all

buyer says he didnt  get it

then when tracking shows delivery he switches to ''not as described''

pay pal awarded return of the stuff he allegedly never got at the first place

what a joke!!!

he sends me box full of news paper-parcel got stopped at the Post in my country and got sent back immediately because they knew its a scam ( russians are doing it for so long now everyone knows it so now they open ALL parcels from russia )-custom declaration this guy filled says ''2 graphic cards''....BUT get this pay pal says its my fault I did not accept empty box and gives back refund to is scammer ...oh I got mail from post office in my country saying that parcel was sent back because it contained russina newspapers so got sent back  because of the custom offence of filling fake custom declaration..of course pay pal still sided with scammer and I lost money ...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.