Scam website

lilmia927
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any experience with a site called AMWANT? I think I've been scammed .

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kimmyyy
Contributor
Contributor
Yea same here. It has been 2 days since I put an order. I still did not get any order confirmation email or replies to my email. No tracking of order status available. The phone number is always busy. Cannot reach the seller!
Login to Me Too

Kimmyyy
Contributor
Contributor

Amwant.com linked to paypal address <removed> <removed> is a scammer. I placed an order on 6/25 and did not get any order confirmations or email replies until now. I asked paypal to cancel the transaction and they said they cannot do that until the seller accepts payment. So the seller accepts payment on 6/28 and posts a tracking number under paypal transaction without sending me any kind of shipping emails regards to the order placed on the website. And the tracking number shows the item sent out on 6/23 and delivered 6/27. It is so obvious that this tracking number wont belong to my order since it was created 2 days before i even place the order. Seller also charged my paypal more that what i approved. Then paypal closed the case favoring my side. And then seller cancelled the refund and case closed just like that without my money back. I couldn’t open the dispute again as it was closed. Paypal only tells me that it was cancelled because seller posted the tracking information and it says it was delivered. Paypal did not care about the fact that it was sent out 2 days earlier than my order transaction date. Then asked me to get Intra net or intra form from usps showing history of exact address where this was delivered. I sent email to usps and they cannot help me with that detail information and the seller has to contact them. Notified this to paypal with forwarded email and screen capture but noone tried to help me out. Seller not available of course cu he is a scammer. Paypal only care about whether the item was delivered or not. So ignorant and favoring scammer even with the proof showing different amount charged than what was originally paid for and Fake tracking number. I got partial credit back paid with my credit card company but lost the partial paypal balance that the scammer took. Do not use the website or expect paypal to favor you. You only going to lose your money. Watch out for this scammer. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.