Scam Texts

Vernon-atPryors
New Community Member

I just received a text on my iPhone saying my PayPal account is blocked and to click on a link to fix it.  Obviously a scam but the second time I have received it in 2 weeks.  Can easily delete it - reported it to PayPal first time but don't know how to block it.  The only ID with message is a number starting +44.  Anybody got any good ideas please?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ady10101
New Community Member
I also have received similar sort of text msg, I’m surprised how smart these bastrd scamers are becoming by accessing our mobile numbers and sending these msgs, PayPal should take immediate action against these
Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Vernon-atPryors & @Ady10101 

I hope all is well.

Yes, we have to assume that someone was trying to scam you if there is nothing wrong on your paypal account once logged in. Also, paypal will not send you that kind of message. Any kind of action or notification waiting for you is either displayed on the account summary page or you'll see a notification waiting for you in the bell icon that either directs you to the message in the Message Center or Resolution Center. Logging into your PayPal account is the best way to understand if there's action waiting for you.

To block a number, you may try to contact your mobile service provider to get some help or you can open your search web browser and go to google.com and search for how to block a phone number.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.