Scam Text?

Vstar
New Community Member
Advice needed!! I had a text today saying my account was being limited due to a failed payment request and there was a link to go on. I did and it wanted me to put my email in and my password. It said my password was incorrect and I could either try later or change my password. As I wanted to get it sorted, I changed my password but, I was going around in circles band eventually messaged PayPal and a message said that no messages were sent to my phone from them. I contacted my bank and they said change my password but I don’t know how to do this eeeek
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nolandluke
New Community Member
Same. I am very sceptical. I read in the email that I would not be able to log on. I did not log on through the link in the email. My account appears to be fine. I noticed this email is sent to a list of names with very similar addresses to mine. It was sent from the regular PayPal service address. "The message body contains ____________, which is not permitted in this community." " Re: Reminder: [Latest News Announcements] [Reservation Statement Appointment ] Status Added New Notification Account Updates: Date on 23-03-2020 #38631664 Your Account Has Been Limited There is a quick step you need to unlock your Paypal‎ account. Our records indicate that you may have recently signed using a new device or IP address. As a result, your account may have been disabled. You can unlock your Apple ID after confirming your identity: Sign in For Verify Did you try to login? Paypal‎ is automatically locked to protect your security and you will not be able to sign in to any Paypal Limited. Sincerely, Paypal‎ Support " PayPal, please call me ASAP I would like to hear from your support. Best regards, Luke
Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Vstar, fraudulent activities are all over the places. If you were addressed by "Dear Customer" or "Dear Client" then that confirms it is a spoof. PayPal would only address you by your full name. Eg "Dear John Smit," Healthy tips: Logging into your PayPal account is the best way to understand if there's action waiting for you. Any kind of action or notification waiting for you is either displayed on the account summary page or you'll see a notification waiting for you in the bell icon that either directs you to the message in the Message Center or Resolution Center. Since there was nothing in your PayPal account someone was trying to scam you. To change your password with PayPal, please see link >> https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-my-password-or-my-security-questions-faq.... ***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.