Scam Online Technologies Ltd.

kathyw1
Contributor
Contributor

I just purchased a product from Online Technologies Ltd. The ad was posted in Facebook. I thought I had paid through PayPal, but there is no matching transaction shown on the PayPal site. However, the amount is being withdrawn from my bank account.  I received this funky-looking email receipt with the PayPal logo from the company :  

SCAM ONLINE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. USING PAYPAL.JPG

Other than the above fake email, I have received no other verification from the company. 

I called my bank to file a fraudulent transaction, but because it is still pending, I have to wait until it posts, and then, of course, it will be too late.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kathyw1,

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty with a transaction. The image included in your post was unable to be approved by the moderation team. If there was any sensitive information in the image, that may have been why.

If the payment was made as a guest transaction instead of logging in to your PayPal account, the transaction would not show up in your PayPal account and would only show in the card's online banking statement. You would receive a receipt email from PayPal to let you know that the transaction was made as a guest and that you can turn that transaction into a PayPal account by activating PayPal.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Seif58
Contributor
Contributor

I submitted that I never received the merchandise from Online Technologies LTD, although it tracked as “delivered.”  Then another unit was apparently shipped. Using a different tracking app, it again showed as delivered. This was not the case and my dispute was closed and ruled in the seller’s favor. The amount has already been charged to my credit card!  What recourse do I have??  

Login to Me Too

whfoster57
New Community Member
Same here except no matter where I check the tracking number the item I ordered has not left Wuhan, China. Then today I get an email from PayPal saying my complaint was dismissed and closed that the seller claimed the item has been delivered which is a bald faced lie and PayPal is helping in the scam.
Login to Me Too

jiml1947
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. PayPal should protect from these scammers. This has also happened to me on Wish.com
Login to Me Too

Www4
New Community Member

I paid the transaction with paypal 

I posted a claim via paypal they asked me to return the item to China
Canada post did not accept to ship scissors to china and they told me that there are restrictions shipping items made in China to China

I sent a screenshot for these restrictions to paypal 

but they asked me to get an official letter from Canada post explaining the matter 

I told them you can verify on Canada post website they told me they are based in Philippines and that’s the rule

DO NOT TRUST PAYPAL BECAUSE THEY DO NOT  VERIFY THEIR SELLERS ANYONE CAN FRAU CUSTOMER USING PAYPAL 

Be carefull

Login to Me Too

houstonceng
Contributor
Contributor

I bought, or thought I had, an opto-visor from this company in January.  Come April and no delivery, I contacted PayPal on 14 Apr,  who got a reply from the seller that the item had been shipped, but due to COVID in Chiba, it may not have been flown to Europe yet.  I contacted the seller and said that other items ordered from China (eg Banggood) had been delivered, so they had until 28 April to get it delivered (giving me time to escalate a claim to PP before their deadline of 01 May.

The item wasn’t delivered, so escalated a claim.  Seller gave a tracking number, but no shipper, so couldn’t check the track.  Did notice that each message from PP had a different company name as the seller.

Today, PP e-mailed to say the claim was disallowed as the seller had provided a track that showed that the item had been delivered.  CRAP !   I wonder if I can claim from PP under the UK small claims court ?  Otherwise, PP is just siding every time with scammers and getting away with it.

Login to Me Too

houstonceng
Contributor
Contributor

Tried contacting the seller again after PayPal rejected my claim.  Evidence of delivery, provided by seller, was a Hermes tracking number that showed goods had been delivered "to a safe place" on 20/02/2020.  I don't know where or who's safe place that was, but it wasn't mine.  Just in case this company isn't scamming, I e-mailed and asked that they chase Hermes - who won't deal with the recipient, only the sender - and meanwhile either refund my money or send a replacement for the lost goods.

Got two e-mails back with another tracking number that showed that something left China on 12/03/2020.  So, unless the shipping company has a time machine, I can't see how these tracking numbers can be valid.  Goods can't leave China in April and arrive in the UK in February.

Any ideas what I can do now after PayPal has closed the case - as I can't reopen it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TB505,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some unrecognized activity on your account. You can report any unauthorized activity through our Resolution Center if you see the transaction on your PayPal account. Here's a great Help Center article that can guide you through that process: How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity?

If you do not see the transaction in your PayPal history, we recommend contacting your funding source to see what options you have to report that transaction.

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

TB505
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot find any information on this company that took payment from my account. I have looked through all my emails, including spam, I’ve checked my browsing history I’ve checked Facebook. I haven’t even received an email that they took a payment. Also when I try to make a claim or whatever through resolution center it says I can’t because of the kind of transaction this is. I don’t understand that. What kind of transaction is it. I will definitely ask this Citrus Valley Techno for a refund it I haven’t even received an email or any other information for me to contact them. Nothing comes up when I search google. I hope to get some kind of email or merchandise from this company. What did i pay $96.99 for? I’m not very tech savvy on these phones or computers. If I cant resolve this I think I’ll just stop doing online shopping. I thought I could handle it, but $96 is a lot. I live paycheck to paycheck and that money was supposed to be for gas and food. Hopefully I’ll receive some kind of correspondence from the company that took this money. I have no automatic payments active. Thx for helping I guess I just have to wait. I don’t know how to reach his company I can’t even find his company
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.