Scam Buyer

jerrybravo
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a weight machine to highest bidder for $570. I offered free shipping  which cost me $300. The buyer received my package and claims a couple parts are missing. I put EVERY part in the package. The machine weighed 97 lbs according to what it said online for same machine. UPS weighed it 123 lbs. He claims it didn't even weigh 100 lbs. If there was a missing part as he claimed the package wouldn't have weighed this much. Problem is that I already forked out $300 for shipping before my paypal money went in my account due to ebay hold for first time seller. I offered to do research to see if the company can get us the missing part he claimed but he wants an immediate refund with no resolution. I smell fish here. I think he took advantage of my free shipping and is pulling a scam where he gets a full refund and keeps my machine. He says something about returning it but of course I would have to pay another $300 to get my machine back NOW with missing parts. I suspect he knows that I wouldn't want to take it back in this condition so thats why he offfered this. OR he had a machine that was missing parts and took mine to fix his. What do I do?  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.