SMS Security Code

Djennik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently received an SMS, allegedly from PayPall, with the following message.

"PayPal: Your security code is: XXXXXX. Your code expires in 10 minutes. Please don't reply."

Moments after this message I received a phonecall, which I missed. It left a voicemail with the message. "Please enter your paypall security code" (or something like that). 

I haven't registered my cellphone number to PayPall, so it's quite odd that they would reach out to me this way. It would seem that someone is trying to get access to my paypall account? I have no clue what is happening. 

Does anyone experienced similar behaviour?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Djennik,

That's definitely concerning to hear. The text and call you received are our internal security trying to verify your identity upon receiving an attempt to log in and noticing something unusual. This sounds like someone may have been trying to access your account. I would advise changing your password to ensure your account is secure. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.