Rip off fees

steveLock
Contributor
Contributor

Who else agrees Paypal fees are a joke. They just charged me a 5% premium on the exchange rate to USD and then they will charge the person I'm sending to another 3 or more % their end.Bring on cross border payments with digital currencies like XRP . Everyone needs to speak to their suppliers and encourage them to provide a digitat currency payment option.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steveLock 

Fees are clearly listed, if you don't want to pay them then don't use paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

steveLock
Contributor
Contributor

Because some merchants force you to dah!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steveLock 

Well if you are using a MERCHANT then you are a BUYER and so don't pay fees.

If you mean you have to use paypal on Ebay well again if you don't like the fees sell on another venue. ....dah.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

steveLock
Contributor
Contributor

Does everything have to be explained to you? As a buyer who pays for something in USD in a non US currency you get ripped off with Paypals pathetic exchange rates. Same as a fee over and above what a bank exchange rate would be ... then they slug the receiver with a fee on top of that, as I pointed out in my original complaint ... dah

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steveLock 

So once again DON'T BUY things from merchants that only accept PAYPAL PAYMENTS if you don't want to pay the fees, it really is NOT rocket science.

And I guess once you lose an argument the next thing is to be rude 🤣 

My number of posts is over many many years and I have plenty of other things to do thanks .....😁

I also have nearly 30,000 kudos/solution from USERS of this forum who I have helped or saved from being scammed so if you think that is wasting time then I guess you would prefer that they were scammed would you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.