Returning faulty goods

chillinpaul
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anyone help me here, I purchased a pushbike from a uk seller on ebay based in Birmingham, Basically the product arived with a few tiny faults which I spoke to the supplier about and obtained a small contribution towards the repair of these minor bits. Id purchased the bike to take on  a camping holiday and a week after taking delivery we were off. well on its first outing the chain broke and I noticed the suspension leaked oil in my car and had gone soft. I emailed the supplier about an exchange to be told this was his last one, I asked about a return for a refund he told me the uk factory has now been closed. I have now been offered a refund but only if I pay return postage to China which will exceed the cost of the bike? I cant seem to despute the postage costs via the resolution centre. What can I do?

Many Thanks Paul

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chillinpaul

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection before you start buying so you know what is and what is not offered.
In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.