Return shipping on us

marigo
Contributor
Contributor

Would like to claim a refund of shipping costs, but there is nothing to "check" in transaction details. Company did not charge return shipping, but I had to pay to mail the item back to the vendor. Have received purchase refund and have receipt for my shipping charges. Where do I go from here? Thanks

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marigo

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

marigo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply. I've poked around on the site, but don't see a place to specify country. ( BTW, I'm in the US)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marigo

Then did you click on the below link 'at any time' BEFORE you made the transaction??

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

marigo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. For some reason the link isn't working. But...I signed up for return shipping on us back in July, well before I made this purchase and have used it successfully.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marigo

In that case it should show up if you click on the 'details' of the transaction.

That is UNLESS its over 30 days since you sent the item back OR have used up to 12 already in a calender year.

If that is not the case then give c.s. a call and see why its not an option for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

marigo
Contributor
Contributor

Item was mailed on September 18, so I'll have to call CS.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

return shipping is always born by the buyer per Paypal policy ,there is no option to ask for refund on  return shipping unless you have opted into this return policy as provided by K's link before purchase.

Login to Me Too

marigo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I signed up for return shipping on us in July and have previously used it successfully. ( The link doesn't work for some reason.)

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

where is the seller?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.